Snack ideas

• December 15, 2016 at 5:18 am #78657
    Profile photo of Charmaine JonesCharmaine Jones
    Participant

Hi,

We’ve been trying to get my son off all starches and were down to 1 cup of homemade organic popcorn per day as a school snack and finally replaced it two weeks ago with 1/2 cup of raw fermented cream. He seemed to handle it well but he’s been having a rough four days (noisy stimming), and I want to take out the cream to see if that helps. What’s a good snack — we are still in stage one and have been following BED since May? He refuses to eat the nori/seaweed snacks as well as quinoa and amaranth. I do make him coconut-flour pancakes which are a no-no but I honestly can’t think of a replacement and his teachers think I’m crazy enough as it is with his diet.

I also added in PQQ last Friday — an antioxidant — in the hopes of reducing the noisy stimming which is apparently due to oxidative stress. So I’m also taking this out to see if it’s negatively affecting him and doing the opposite of what I hoped it would do.

He did pass some parasites the past few days (full moon) so that may also have increased his oxidative stress. Noisy stimming for me is the toughest symptom as I’m extremely noise-sensitive.

Thanks,

Charmaine

• December 15, 2016 at 6:19 am #78658
    Profile photo of EvaEva
    Keymaster

Hi Charmaine,

Noisy stimmy is hard and it is hard when you are trying to heal because sometimes die off causes stimming too.  But I think it’s a good idea to remove triggers and try again later.

snack ideas:

sour green apples (empty stomach)

celery stick or any other vegetable stick he’ll enjoy, I used to keep a bag in my fridge for easy snacking

dehydrated crackers (vegetables and spices can add soak seeds)

cultured veggie bowl… When my son was young, he enjoyed fermented carrots w a few drops of stevia for a sweet treat

I hope that helps. The popcorn really isn’t that bad of an option. Many have even used blue corn chips during healing but I found those to be craved a bit too much in my family and when removed we did much better.

• December 20, 2016 at 7:54 am #78662
    Participant

Thank you for these ideas — I will look into the dehydrated crackers and my son would be thrilled with a sour green apple (I’d probably pack YCK to drink with it to help with sugar). He isn’t a huge fan of raw veggies, unfortunately. I can get him to eat them with a promise of a chocolate (Donna Gates’ recipe) after dinner. If nothing else, we can stick with the homemade popcorn. I’m going to order an OAT next month to see where we’re at with yeast and bacteria.

I did come to the conclusion that raw fermented cream did not sit well with him. He’s sensitive to glutamates and I learned that fermented dairy is particularly high in glutamate. He also became very congested on it and lost language.

One thing that really produces die off — magnesium chloride. Wow. Big yeast dump and then parasites like I’ve never seen. I’m going to take a break from  it just to give his body a rest but it’s definitely a very valuable addition — stomach acid is so important in keeping pathogens at bay. I think, if on sufficient antioxidants, he would handle die off much better.

Thanks again,

Charmaine

• December 20, 2016 at 8:10 am #78663
    Profile photo of EvaEva
    Keymaster

If you are seeing parasites, consider a parasite cleanse during full moon each month for a bit. Donna suggests this especially in the spring.

• January 18, 2017 at 8:52 am #78675
    Participant

We did a 13-month very intense parasite cleanse using Kerri Rivera’s protocol, including daily enemas, medication, herbs, diet, MMS, etc. After about six months we stopped seeing any gains but continued for 7 more months (I regret dragging on for so long as I’m not a fan of MMS). Now, I give him garlic/artemesia suppositories every few days. They are pretty effective but parasite die off is the worst. I know CVs fight parasites as well as enemas. So, we are doing an ongoing parasite cleanse though I hope to do a more targeted one when I think his body can handle it.

I honestly think his parasite problem might be rooted in insufficient stomach acid. So, in addition to Mg chloride, I added an enzyme that includes a small amount of Betaine HCL and am again seeing parasite die off (we’ve been using enzymes for years but not with HCL). We’ve never had pets so it’s so puzzling about the parasites. I wish there was a sure-fire way to be done with them but they obviously keep returning. Thankfully, he continues to do well at school (minimal misbehavior since we started BED) and his play skills have gotten much better. He’s actually building Lego towers and drawing things. Before, he just bounced on his ball and wiggled a straw when he came home from school. That helps me stay motivated with the diet.

• January 18, 2017 at 9:37 am #78676
    Profile photo of EvaEva
    Keymaster

Sounds like he is doing well! So glad to hear it and so glad for your persistence!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.