New here (autism)

• March 20, 2017 at 3:43 pm #78775
    Profile photo of AlexAlex
    Participant

Hi,

I have a 12 month old who I have always noticed was a little different from his peers. For example, not giving or showinget his toys  (maybe a handful of times), only interested in playing toys by himself, and joint attention that came late. However, a week before his birthday, he had lost skills: stopped  babbling, limited eye contact, stopped playing peek a boo (his only game he would play with us) and no response to his name.

I am wanting to start the Body ecology diet with him but all he mainly eats is fruit and won’t eat any vegetables. I am unsure how to transition him to this diet, as he still takes formula in bottles.

Also, people talk about curing their kids autism with this diet, however is that only when they were born without autism and then showed signs of autism after vaccines? I feel that my son has always showed little signs since birth. He was born with meconium in the amniotic sac, which I read that increases the risk of autism by 18%. Do people have success curing autism with BED if it was something they’ve had since coming out of the womb?

Sorry for the long post. I am new to this and have much to learn. Thank you!

• March 25, 2017 at 2:49 am #78786

Hi,My son Dev has autistic symptoms and signs and all of the professionals ask me to wait till he is 3.I lost my first child and after a lot of prayer and medications he was born -prematurely and unfortunately while in the NICU he developed a gut infection and while he was a 3 day old high doses of antibitiotics was given. Then on he developed ear and lung infections for which he has had more antibiotics .The more I read the more I am convinced in the power of food to heal my son. Please help me start BED diet for my 24 month old son as I have hit the wall with GFCF diet and the GAPS diet looks too restrictive .He has poor eye contact,lack of joint interaction and expressive language and no response to name call.Nobody believes me when I raise these concerns as they think I am an anxious mom.But I know for sure that losing eye contact and response to name call happened in the recent past after he was 15 months . Please help me start BED diet for my 24 month old son as I have hit the wall with GFCF diet and the GAPS diet looks too restrictive and I do not seem to be reaching anywhere apart from piling up guilt for not knowing the right way to help my son.
    Hoping to hear from experts and moms for guidance…

• May 15, 2017 at 7:24 pm #78853
      Profile photo of Mandy SitkoMandy Sitko
      Participant

My little guy is adopted. I started to care for him at 4 months and he has shown some symptoms since then. I’ve been working with a chiropractor who does naturopathic, homeopathic and natural supplements. The changes that I’ve seen with him have been amazing. I’m looking into starting the BED with him. Will be presenting it to his doctors this week. He’s 2 and not fully immunized. The diet has the potential to benefit your son from what I have read.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.