Morning sickness?

• August 23, 2008 at 1:46 pm #39968
    Profile photo of texastykestexastykes
    Participant

One of my best friends, the one who introduced me to BED is inquiring about morning sickness during pregnancy. She and her hubby are considering another baby but she’s mortified at the thought of having morning sickness as bad as her first pregnancy and is asking if anyone knows if anything can be done to reduce it or avoid it all together.

FYI: For her last pregnancy, she was strict BED 1 before she got pregnant, had her candida issues under control, she DID try ginger, Preggy Pops (not BED 1), tried eating frequently and eventually had B-shots from her OB.

She said it was so severe that it was debilitating so even though each pregnancy is different, she really wants to do what she can to at least reduce the severity of the morning sickness. She works out of the home and has an adorable, healthy little boy and hubby so she’ll need to keep going during pregnancy…

Thanks!!

• August 23, 2008 at 2:47 pm #39970
    Profile photo of WyndieWyndie
    Participant

I would suggest she try iodine. I have a thread somewhere around here about iodine and the book I found so helpful in understanding it. I truly believe iodine deficiency will cause morning sickness to be much worse.

• August 23, 2008 at 5:07 pm #39971
    Participant

I’ll search for your post, Wyndie thank you. Donna did say that the OPE would help so the two claims compliment each other. Thank you!

• August 24, 2008 at 5:33 pm #39993
    Profile photo of EvaEva
    Keymaster

What is OPE?

• August 24, 2008 at 10:18 pm #39996
    Participant

Ocean Plant Extract

• August 28, 2008 at 4:06 am #40095
    Profile photo of GinaGina
    Participant

Hey there,

Dr. Bob DeMaria writes about nausea during pregnancy and relates it to an overwhelmed liver, explaining that the hormones of pregnancy will overwhelm an already taxed liver. I have my copy loaned out at the moment, but I think that I read about it in his latest book: Dr. Bob’s Drugless Guide to Balancing Female Hormones: http://druglessdoctor.com/

Dr. Bob also has a free e-mail newsletter that’s always really good. To subscribe, just click on “Health Tips” on his web-site.

gina

• August 28, 2008 at 4:39 am #40096
    Profile photo of tylertaylintylertaylin
    Participant

boy that info would have been helful about 5 years ago when I went on CHEMO meds during pregnancy my nausea was so bad. Geez ,I’ve come a long way and learned a lot.

Keep moving forward right, the past is the past. When we know better we do better.

Shannon

• August 28, 2008 at 1:36 pm #40101
    Profile photo of GinaGina
    Participant

I’m so sorry to hear that, Shannon. Oh my.

Since we’re talking liver health, Liv Amend would be important as well: https://shop.bodyecology.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BE002

I think Dr. Bob’s book on Female Hormones compliments BED nicely. He covers the thyroid, adrenals, the lymphatic system, the liver, he even has diagrams in the book that help to identify body type and how that relates to health. The list of great subjects covered goes on and on. It is a fantastic book!!

gina

• August 28, 2008 at 1:44 pm #40103
    Participant

Thank you, Gina! I’ll order it today! (and no, I’m not pregnant ). I took that VERY expensive anti-nausea cancer drug too…during my pregnancy with Randy…what I wish I knew then since I missing so much work because I was terribly nauseated. I was assured that since it was MADE for cancer patients going through chemo that it was perfectly safe. VERY, VERY PRICEY. It’s like they gouged the pricing BECAUSE it was for patients undergoing chemo.

• August 28, 2008 at 2:30 pm #40107

When I was pregnant 28 yrs ago there were no drugs acceptable during pregnancy. Boy times have really changed. How disgusting!

• August 28, 2008 at 5:19 pm #40110
    Participant

Disgusting is a perfect word and just plain stupid of me. I should have done more reading and researching and if at minimum, went on medical leave and stayed in bed if it came to that. I was supposed to start work at 7:30am and was so sick, I would barely get there at 11am only to have to run to the office bathroom where I’d be stuck for about an hour. I get sick to my stomach just thinking about what medications I took during my pregnancies. Asthma, allergies, migraines, morning sickness, etc, etc…when all I really needed for me was a balanced diet.

• August 28, 2008 at 9:24 pm #40114

I’m more disgusted with the medical system. It is supposed to be health driven and is leading too many people to their demise. Including our children. You took advice from a trusted medical practitioner.
    I’m sure you were miserable and desperate for a solution. I’m not criticizing your judgment or actions. What is done is done. Surely it is all for a purpose that we can’t quite figure out!

• August 29, 2008 at 2:16 am #40127
    Participant

Christina don’t beat yourself up. I did all these stupid things too. We simply didn’t understand at the time. We thought we were giving our kids THE BEST by going to work. I too couldn’t work due to nausea. I couldn’t even drive the car without a bag on the stearing wheel….I threw up the whole way there.

SO MANY redflags. These babies should have had nothing in their systems. They had plenty to deal with at birth due to prenatal care these days/toxicity/flu shots…..IT’s CRAZY.

During the Holocaust MILLIONS lined up in the streets to be mowed down. It took this experience for humans to have this shaping of what can happen. Autism and the like are waking us all up as to what has happened in the modern world.

Please my dear friend forgive yourself. When you know better…you do better. You like I, felt as if you were doing all the right things. Even my grandmother born and raised in Germany told me to get flu shots, listen to the doctor, don’t take over etc etc etc…..it’s not just our generation. This whole mess has been coming down the pike for several generations on many levels.

HUGS my friend!
    Shannon

• August 29, 2008 at 3:19 am #40130
    Participant

Well said Shannon!

• August 29, 2008 at 4:59 am #40131
    Participant

Thank you, Shannon. I know that this sounds desensitized but I have for the most part, forgiven myself for it. I can let it get to me but I can’t turn back the hands of time so it’s best not to dwell. (Still makes me infuriated that the doctor even suggested it.) Like you and Sue said, I honestly simply didn’t know. I was too sick and too overwhelmed with working and trying to get on my feet to THINK to even research and learn. I think all of us here wished that our bodies were healthier even before we concieved but we are here NOW and we have a great protocol in place. Sometimes we have to shake it up a bit, sometimes we have to stop, back up and have mini ‘start overs’ but overall, we know where it’s going and when we think we don’t, we just have to be still and listen to our instincts to ‘see’ which direction we need to take.

I WISH that I could have started out healthier for my boys but you know what? After a YEAR, Ethan WILLINGLY ate a teaspoon of cultured veggies!!!! He crinkled his nose as he ate it but he LOVED the praise so he kept going. He also WILLINGLY ate all of his steamed zucchinni last night. He now eliminates 2x per day. There are many days when his skin is glowing, flawless and a healthy rosy glow. On the days where his ezcema STARTS, we go ‘green’ more than normal, go close to AV (still hard for him) and his ezcema is gone.

Randy used to have such large compacted stools that they were LOOOOONG and HUGE. I mean so huge in circumference that it literally wouldn’t FIT down the toilet hole. It was like he was in labor EVERY time he went. He was in such pain from constipation that it was heartbreaking to watch. His belly was distended and he ONLY ate few (crap) foods. He still craves starches but it’s much better where I don’t have screaming tantrums when I say no. They still may ASK but I get a ‘yes Ma’am now instead’. His stools are still large for a boy his size and I’d like him to go 2-3 X per day BUT he now goes daily and it FITS down the hole and he’s not in pain when he goes. His belly has gone down 1/2 the size that it was before. In both because of gut issues (gas, constipation) and in excess fat. They both lick their lips for various green juices and YCK and eat their veggies now. Maybe I wouldn’t still be OK with it all if we hadn’t come so far. We still have a ways to go but it’s all good.

To top it off, my husband who has given me grief from all of my wierd foods, the costs, the time, the lack of ‘real food’, my time on the PC and phone, etc, etc…tried YCK for the FIRST TIME yesterday. Today, he drank 10 oz of a diluted green drink(Vitality & E3live) for the FIRST TIME (gagged and said it tasted like pond scum – ha ha! While Ethan laughed the entire time and said he loves it), today we were stuck out and ate out and he passed on the free rolls they brought to us without us asking as he looked at me and said, “they smell really good but they are probably ‘yeasty’, right? And that butter is probably not good butter, right?” I almost fell out of my seat but calmly smiled and simply said, “right. You’ve got it!” Then when he signed for the check, he kept the ‘payment book’ closed and hid the free Oreos that they brought, again without asking, and left it on the bench where we sat so the boys couldn’t see. So I’m OK with everything. If it weren’t for me getting so sick, Ethan would still be covered with ezcema and Randy would be screaming as he labors his stools so we’re doing well. I’m OK with where we are and I know it’s just going to get better.

Hugs to you gals!!

• August 29, 2008 at 8:20 am #40133
    Participant

Good for you, you are doing great things for your family and paving the way for other families to follow who journey in the same arenas.

Lots of progress in your home. Very good!
    Shannon

• August 29, 2008 at 11:41 am #40135

The other aspect of what you reveal here Christina is the slow and steady “step by step.”. A year sounds like a long time but results really are worth it. We have been 3 years on body ecology principles and continue to have pleasant surprises about our bodies. I just bought size 4 Docker pants! I can’t believe it!
    Next week I have a wedding and soon a 35th class reunion for nursing. Curious as to what if any comments will be made. I give full credit to BED lifestyle. The fermented foods really help get the body working up to snuff. We are detoxing in other ways but would never have achieved results without the diet. BED is our true “life vest.”
    I think you are doing great. As I detox and learn more about the mind body connection I’m becoming even happier and able to “let go.” Still looking forward to “Brain On.” I’ll put my order in after I come back from Atlanta.
    On Thursday when we leave the Atlanta airport we will go to find RThomas grill. He sells CV juice & YCK so we are both really excited to be going to a BED “approved” eatery!
    Lots of fun and infractions at the wedding so I’ll have to watch myself next weekend and drink plenty of ferments. My personal blender travels with us so breakfast will always be healthy. I’ll bring CV’s and Innergybiotic to keep up the pace. I’m sure we’ll purchase ferments at the restaurant too.

• August 29, 2008 at 1:42 pm #40138
    Participant

Thank you, Shannon and Sue. Shannon, I hope you realize that I learned this from YOU to how to get my kids to willingly eat and drink these things so I thank you. Ha ha, now in fact my son will prompt ME!!! “Mommy? If I have some cultured veggies AND extra green drink or YCK, may I have computer time??

Sue, my gosh it was slow. In the meantime, he LOVED YCK and received CV juice but to EAT them was another matter. A size 4!!! SUE!!! THAT IS INCREDIBLE!!! Congratulations!!! PLEASE post pics of your reunion!!! I’m sure there will be comments made. In fact, if you have people that ask, I’d encourage them to consider coaching sessions with you so that they can turn their health around and in turn, teach some patients that they are in contact with.

Brain On…I can’t say enough about it. Funny thing is that my husband didn’t really notice a surge of energy but then he drinks coffee, coke, beer, etc, etc. I notice a difference almost immediately. When I don’t get enough sleep, if I didn’t have my ‘green drink’, I could NOT get through the day or I’d be a BEAR.

I’d love to open a restaurant that serves healthy meals someday simply for the accessibility for people who are on the go. I think it’s GREAT that some are starting to pop up!

At the Autism training, we were in class so much that it was difficult to plan meals had we not thought ahead so that will save you. Gina brought CVs, Spirulina & nut butters and such, I brought YCK, e3live, VMG and we bought fresh foods there to consume. If we didn’t have this in place, I would have absorbed very little. Next time I travel, I will have a travel blender too…Gina brought a mini bullet and it was AWESOME! Let us know how everything goes!

• August 29, 2008 at 1:56 pm #40140
    Participant

Whoa SUE how exciting! Good for YOU!

Christina, yeah my kids do that too. In fact when I become “loose” it cracks me up because I’ll see Tyler put his bread down and make sure he finishes his smoothie or cvs. It’s auto pilot now. I would never have imagined this in my dark days.

I’m dreaming of a size four also. Right now I’ll focus on dropping the 4 from my 14.

I love these little smiley icons.
    Shannon

• August 29, 2008 at 2:02 pm #40142

I think some of the Moms are so focused and stressed dealing with the children it might be hard to drop weight during this time. Part of it is mind-body connection. Seems like the stress sort of “takes over.” Once the kids are straightened out then it will be more time for Mom. It will come slow and steady. A little slower when you feel the great burden of caring for loved ones.

• June 20, 2017 at 3:18 pm #78871
    Profile photo of MommaTMommaT
    Participant

Did anyone find anything more about iodine and morning sickness during pregnancy?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.