bed wetting

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Eva Eva 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    my3sons

Does anyone have experience treating night time bed wetting in a child as old as 8? He has significant yeast issues. He is on YCK, CVs, food combining. We have implemented much of BED but could always improve. Our DAN! put him on 2 rounds of 20 days of Diflucan. During the first 20 days, the bed wetting stopped completely. After stopping the diflucan, the bed wetting returned immediately. The second round of Diflucan helped none. He has been on Nystatin for 4 years! I would appreciate any suggestions from you smart, dedicated ladies!

Thanks,

Lauren

Wyndie
    Keymaster

Nathan (9yr old) recently went thru a bout of bed wetting – after an accidental gluten exposure. It lasted for about 2 weeks. There was really nothing to do except go super strict on the diet and try to help him pass the effects. We woke him up 2x at night to go pee (sometimes worked/sometimes not). The behavior was OFF so when his behavior resolved, we stopped getting him up at night and the wetting stopped. It was a total gluten problem, nothing else; although I did increase his nystatin during the time.

It’s interesting that your sons problem went away with one intensive yeast treatment but not a second. I really don’t know what to make of that?? Can he wear large pull ups or something like that? I know getting to the root is best, but saving your and his sanity would be nice I’m sure.

Sorry I don’t think that’s very helpful; I guess I’m just commiserating with you. .. Any chance he could be getting gluten somewhere??

Wyndie, Certified Body Ecologist

He who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt the person doing it!

Try Body Ecology’s new Lakanto CHOCOLATE now!!

My children’s autism recovery blog

My Juice Plus website

my3sons

Thanks Wyndie! I will examine any possible gluten exposure.

Lauren

Eva
    Keymaster

My now 9 year old son has had this issue and just mastered it about a year ago when he was 8.5 years old. This is what happened:

I ordered the Autism CDs summer of 07 and listened to them over and over till I got most of the information in my brain. My three boys were in the house playing or whatever, but they heard a lot of it too. My youngest son has autism so we were listening to help him. Well, I think it was Dr Campbell McBride or it might have been Donna said something about bedwetting being caused by bacteria in the bladder. My middle son picked up on this and since he had this problem, he wanted to try the YCK. I gave him a shot or so daily for a bit. He stopped wetting the bed in about a month and he says it was the YCK that helped him and I think it very well could have been.

I don’t know if this helps you in your situation or not, but I think it is very interesting that the diflucan stopped the bed wetting initially. We have had experience with diflucan and other anti fungals, etc. We have found them to help initially but to then need more and more to get the same results eventually leading to nothing working. When we reached that point, we found BED and have had better results then even with all the meds.

Blessings,

my3sons

Eva,

I have been wanting to order the CDs, but have had to spend my $ on other health related expenses. We are seeing more die-off symptoms from 1/4 tsp YCK than 100mg Diflucan. With him, everything has been yeast related. He will eat anything fortunately. He loves CVs. We have only been making the YCK with BE Kefir starter for 3 weeks. What starter(s) do you make yours with? We have not tried raw butter. I have seen your posts about how much it helped your son. Thank you for emailing me the contact info for your dairy sources. Thank you for your reply!

Blessings to you!

Lauren

Eva
    Keymaster

Lauren,

I only used the BE cultures for the first year. I still us the BE cultures in my son’s YCK and in the CVs. I do use kefir grains to make cultured lemonade now but I only give it to my affected child when we run out of YCK or the YCK hasn’t kefired long enough.

The Cds are good, they have a lot of information in them, sometimes differing information but I have been able to use what I have learned from the Cds.

Blessings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.