Baby yeast help

• April 13, 2017 at 2:13 am #78825
    Profile photo of Andrijana ThianAndrijana Thian
    Participant

hi everyone!

I need help and advice. I have a 10 month old daughter with multiple allergies and persistent rash who started to worry me lately with not responding and avoiding eye contact. I have immediately removed all sugar as I think she could have yeast overgrowth.SHe showed improvement immediately but she still does not act fully like her peers. She is breastfeed plus bottle fed (formula special for dairy allergy) and on solids. So you can imagine my life is difficult now. What to do? Breastmilk contains more sugar than formula, however I am worried it might do her herm if i leave her only on the bottle and solids. I want to try to include bedrok diet but it is very difficult in this situation. WHat to take out and what to leave?

Thank you. I am very very worried and scared and anxious. Any help would be appreciated as I want to believe this is just a diet issue..

• April 13, 2017 at 6:45 am #78826
    Profile photo of EvaEva
    Keymaster

Welcome.

First, breast milk is best and will not harm her.  Consider working on your diet too.

Have you downloaded the starter guide? Start with tiny spoons of Young Coconut Kefir and also introduce cultured veggies and or the juice of the cultured vegetables. Make these at home with the Body Ecology starters which are proven to be gut colonizing.

There is so much you can do… Coconut oil, green vegetables, cod liver oil supplement just to name a few… Add one at a time. How is her colon functioning? Enemas are very helpful and imperative if you are dealing with yeast, which is sounds like she is.

• April 14, 2017 at 2:31 am #78827
    Profile photo of Andrijana ThianAndrijana Thian
    Participant

I downloaded the booklet. I am waiting on my starter for yck. She had many problems with digestion now it is much better. She would always strain and be in such a pain when pooping. Do you think i should stop with the formula completely and offer only my breast and solids? I am just worried about the sugar content in my bm.I have also cut all from my diet but am wandering is it completely necessary/how much of a damage would, say, the potato I ate influence her? Currently I do not eat any fruit, sugar, processed food, potato, corn, gluten, dairy, fish, eggs. It is very difficult. Is it possible I eat some of those without harming her? She seems to have allergy/ sensitivity to dairy, wheat, fish(still unsure) and eggs (still unsure).

it’s complicated, I know, I appreciate the advice

• April 14, 2017 at 5:39 am #78828
    Profile photo of EvaEva
    Keymaster

Breast milk is always the best. Better if you eat better but still the best to digest. Some children are extremely sensitive and you must follow a strict diet, but that needs to be your call… Please follow your intuition.

i can’t tell you not to use formula as I don’t know how much she is getting of breast milk but I can suggest looking into the Weston A Price homemade formula if you feel she needs supplementation.

i am so glad you’ve already downloaded the guide and ordered the starter. The kefir made with coconut water will help the symptoms you describe. Go very slow starting it, tiny amount each day… She is young so maybe even drops at first.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.